1) Leading scientists have consistently concluded that LSD is safer than tobacco, safer than alcohol, and safer than cannabis.
2) Academic study for accurate objective information on harm, risks, benefits and useful information, can occur.
3) Once legalised purity and thus safety can be more controlled.
4) Ability to integrate medical and mental health professionals to enhance safety.
5) Current scientific evidence suggests potential therapeutic use in treating numerous mental health issues, including: death anxiety in the terminally ill, post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, anxiety disorders. Some studies have indicated LSD causes no dependancy and, in fact, can be used to treat alcoholism and drug-addiction with remarkable success.
6) Cultural, musical, artistic and creative benefits. Economic consequences.
7) Potential in facilitating scientific, intellectual and technological understanding.
8 ) LSD is safer and less-addictive than many psycho-active substances currently available on prescription for mental health conditions.
9) Religious, spiritual and moral benefits. LSD is associated with “mystical” and “spiritual” experience: peak experiences with positive transformative potential.
10) In the name of justice: continuing to lock up LSD users is not right since they have committed no moral wrong. It is natural for a human to want to explore their mind, no other person has the right to meddle in such a deeply personal affair.
“Over the course of two consecutive weekends, I flew between Entheogenesis Australis (EGA), Australia’s premier gathering of psychedelic pioneers, and Cartographie Psychedelica, a California-based conference celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS). These are some of my observations.”